Amir and Layla's goal is to find a safe place first
Amir is an owner of a dental clinic in Mashhad, Iran. His wife Layla is a teacher for dyslexic children. The couple has a 5-year-old daughter and a 7-year-old son. They contacted Immigrant Invest on the recommendation of their friends.
After the first consultation at Immigrant Invest, Amir and Laila immediately decided they wanted to get Turkish citizenship. Amir applied to Immigrant Invest on December 13, 2021, to obtain Turkey citizenship by investment. He wanted a safe haven in case his family needed it and a second home near the sea.
Turkey is an ideal place as a safe haven for us and as a country where we can have our property by the sea. We can travel to Turkey from Tehran in two hours by plane. And the amenities in Turkey are significantly better.
Turkey has a pleasant climate, a suitable country for raising children, and some of our friends already live in Alanya.
A teacher for dyslexic children
Why Amir and Layla have decided to get a Turkey passport
Turkey citizenship allows Amir and Layla’s family not only a safe place to live but also new opportunities:
- Visa-free travelling to 110 countries, including Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Easy way to get a C-2 Schengen visa for 5 years.
- Possibility of getting a B-1/B-2 visa to the USA for travel or business.
- Apply for the USA E-2 business visa. It allows the holder to move to the United States with their family by investing in a business there. The minimum investment amount is not prescribed by law, although usually, it is enough to invest $100,000.
- Educate their children for free: their daughter can go to kindergarten, and their son can go to school.
- Get free treatment in public hospitals in Turkey. In private clinics, they can get discounts on treatment through medical insurance policies.
- Open accounts in local banks in one day. The accounts can be used to keep savings and pay for education, utilities, and medical services.
For us, Turkey is an ideal place for a second home. Our friends have been living in Alanya for seven years now. We visit them once a year. Our friends were able to settle down to life in Turkey within a couple of weeks: they moved there, rented an apartment, and sent their children to school.
Their example also increases our confidence that Turkey is an excellent option for a safe haven if we need to leave Iran and live in conditions that suit us and are comfortable
Owner of a dental clinic in Mashhad
The Turkish government welcomes many nationalities. People feel confident in a country with a multinational culture. At the same time, people from any country can find friends of their nationality, which helps them to adapt faster to a new country.
What real estate is suitable for Turkish citizenship by investment
When Amir contacted Immigrant Invest, the old rules for buying real estate under the citizenship program were in force in Turkey: the property’s value had to be at least $250,000. Amir and Layla considered properties costing up to $300,000.
On June 12, 2022, Turkey increased the minimum investment for real estate options. Now investors have to buy properties worth $400,000+ to apply for Turkey citizenship.
Consideration should be given to the following requirements:
- the value of the property in the contract of sale must match the appraisal of the property by a licensed agent;
- the property did not take part in the citizenship program;
- all payments for the purchase must be made through a bank.
Legal eligibility for participation in the citizenship program of all properties in our database has been checked. We recommend investors choose properties from our database.
Head of the Legal Department, lawyer, PhD in Law
In Turkey, investors can purchase residential or commercial real estate, a share in a facility under construction or a plot of land.
Examples of residential properties suitable for Turkey citizenship by investment in 2022
Step-by-step process for Amir's family to obtain Turkish citizenship by investments
1. Preliminary Due Diligence. Immigrant Invest vets investors for Due Diligence before signing a contract with them. A certified Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officer conducts a preliminary Due Diligence check on international legal and business information bases.
The preliminary Due Diligence check took one day. Amir's financial history is spotless: he has no criminal record, receives income from his dental clinic, his dentist's salary and interest on deposits, and pays taxes yearly.
Immediately after the preliminary Due Diligence, he signed an agreement with us to start the process of getting second citizenship for himself and his family.
2. Registration of a TIN, opening a bank account and buying a residential property. When Amir and Layla chose the property they wanted to buy, Immigrant Invest’s lawyers sent an offer to buy a duplex to the seller in Turkey. On behalf of the investor, our lawyers entered into a preliminary contract to purchase the property.
At the same time, Amir received a Turkish TIN or individual tax number. It is required to open a bank account and register property in Turkey.
After opening a bank account, the investor and the real estate seller signed a sale and purchase contract. Amir immediately transferred the money to the seller. Then Immigrant Invest’s lawyers submitted the required documents to the land registry office in Turkey, and Amir received a certified copy of the TAPU, confirming the right of ownership of the real estate.
With the sale and purchase agreement, the investor must also submit a property valuation to the Turkish Land Registry office. Evaluation of objects for the citizenship program is carried out by companies licensed by the Agency for Banking Regulation and Supervision (BDDK) and the Capital Markets Board (SPK). The cost of the examination is, on average, $150.
Real Estate Chief Operations Officer, RICS certified professional
The couple bought a duplex under construction in a residential complex in Alanya. The apartment will have three bedrooms, a small private garden, and a five-minute walk away from the sea. While the facility is being built, the family plans to stay with friends or rent an apartment in the city.
Amir bought similar apartments
3. Preparation of documents and application for a residence permit. Before applying for Turkey citizenship, the investor must apply for a residence permit. It is issued immediately after the real estate purchase, and the investor does not need to live in Turkey.
Documents required for a short-term residence permit application for an investor:
- application for a residence permit;
- copies of identity card and passport;
- bank statement confirming sufficient funds to live in Turkey during the period of validity of the residence permit;
- receipts of payment of the fee for the issuance of a residence permit card;
- medical insurance;
- contract for the sale of real estate;
- certificate of ownership of real estate (TAPU).
Immigrant Invest’s lawyers have these documents translated into Turkish and apostilled. Lawyers transferred the documents to the Turkey Citizenship Program department. Amir received a Turkish residence permit card within two weeks.
4. Applying for citizenship. Simultaneously with the first package of documents, Immigrant Invest’s lawyers also prepared a second set of documents. As a result, Amir could apply for Turkey citizenship immediately after receiving his residence permit.
The main documents required when applying for Turkish citizenship:
- The application form in two copies.
- An investor’s profile.
- Copies of ID cards and all family members’ passports are included in the application.
- Birth certificates for all family members.
- A marriage certificate.
- A valid medical insurance policy.
- A certificate of no criminal record.
- A copy of the Turkey residence permit.
- A bank statement confirming payment for the selected real estate.
- Act of real estate registration from the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
- Certificate of Eligibility from the Ministry of Environment and Urbanisation.
- Real Estate Appraisal Report from the company licensed by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK) and the Capital Markets Board (SPK).
- A power of attorney granted by the investor to one of Immigrant Invest’s lawyers.
- The receipt of payment of the state duty for the issuance of a passport.
Using a power of attorney granted by the investor, Immigrant Invest’s lawyer submitted the required documents on behalf of Amir and his family to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in the area where the property was purchased.
The provincial office forwards the investor's application and documents to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs and the Ministry of Interior in Turkey. There, the application and documents are considered for three to four months. Amir received approval of his application on March 27, 2022.
5. Obtaining passports. Amir, Layla, and their two children received their Turkey passports in early July 2022. They decided to come to Turkey to pick them up personally.
In total, it took Amir and Layla about 6 months to get Turkey passports by investment.
$315,892: cost of Amir’s Turkey citizenship program for a family of four
How the Amir and Layla’s life has changed since moving to Turkey
Amir's family got Turkey passports as planned. The couple has rented an apartment in Alanya while their house is under construction. Layla is considering staying in Turkey for a year due to the complex geopolitical situation in Iran. Amir frequently visits Iran for business and plans to open a dental clinic in Alanya.
We are glad we had time to apply before the new citizenship program price was introduced: we saved $100,000.
Immigrant Invest’s lawyers accompanied us throughout the entire citizenship process: they not only prepared all the documents, but were constantly in touch with us and answered all our questions. Now we will also recommend the company to our friends.
Owner of a dental clinic in Mashhad
The couple has chosen a private Turkish school where they can enrol their son in a couple of weeks. This school has a kindergarten that their daughter already attends.
They immediately applied for tourist visas. As citizens of Turkey, Amir’s family got C-2 Schengen visas for five years and visitor's visas to the United States for 10 years. Amir has bought tickets to Europe and will start with a trip to Lisbon and then to the United States.
Amir and Layla plan to spend winter in their apartment in Alanya and hope to visit Japan and Hong Kong in the next Match.