What is an Esaad Privilege Card of the UAE?
Esaad is Dubai’s discount program, which brings together more than 4,000 companies and operates in 92 countries worldwide.
The emirate has been issuing Esaad Cards since March 2017. The program aims to improve the quality of life of UAE citizens and make Dubai an even more attractive city for relocation, work, study and investment.
Esaad Cards are issued by the Dubai Police. Holders get exclusive offers, bonuses and discounts of up to 70% in government agencies, service companies, shops, medical clinics, language schools, and travel companies.
Any Dubai-established business can join the Esaad Program and offer deals to clients. To do this, the owners need to register a company on the official website of the program. They also provide the UAE with statistical data on the number of Esaad Card recipients and the total value of the discounts while the contract is in force.
Esaad Cards are digital, so holders always have them on their smart devices and use them online and offline. The app is available on AppStore and Google Play.
Who can get an Esaad Card?
Dubai issues Esaad Privilege Cards to selected categories of UAE citizens. Until last summer, it was only government employees, retirees from government and private sector jobs, the disabled and the elderly, and their family members.
In July 2022, Dubai Police announced that Golden Visa holders in Dubai will now be provided with free Esaad Cards.
Individuals use an Esaad Card for personal spending. Company owners can implement the Esaad Program into their businesses.
Benefits of an Esaad Card for UAE Golden Visa holders
Saving 30—70% on personal expenses. This is the established range for the Esaad Program. It applies to the most popular business spheres, from restaurants and tourist accommodations to healthcare and e-commerce.
Attracting clients via deals and special offers. You can implement the Esaad Program into your business. After that, your business will be listed on the official Esaad website and in the app. Clients who own Esaad Cards can take advantage of your company’s deals and discounts and get acquainted with your services.
More than 90 countries of use. Golden Visa investors are not required to live in Dubai permanently, but their Esaad Cards will be available worldwide. If their own business in Dubai has branches in other countries, those branches can also be included in the program.
All offers are listed on the official website of the Esaad Program. For example, you can get a doctor’s consultation at a 30—40% discount at the Nyle Skin Medical Center in Dubai or dine at one of the local cafes for 20—30% cheaper.
Which business sectors benefit the most from Esaad Cards?
The Esaad Program is currently applied to ten business sectors, with dozens and hundreds of brands in each one. The total number of deals exceeds 8,000. Brands that offer Esaad discounts include IKEA, Mcdonald’s, and FlyDubai.
Business sectors that can benefit from offering Esaad Card discounts to clients:
- Restaurants and entertainment: cafes, coffee shops, fast food chains, confectioneries, bakeries, and theme park visits.
- Travel and tourism: hotels, resorts, airlines, tour operators, and Hajj and Umrah campaigns.
- Healthcare and fitness: medical centres, medical supplies, pharmacies, hospitals, laboratories, home nursing, gyms, and veterinary clinics.
- Online shopping: clothing, cosmetics, perfume, pet, and toy web stores.
- Automobile services: dealerships, repair shops, carwashes, insurance, and driving schools.
- Malls and retail stores: jewellery, clothing, makeup, toys, sports equipment, and furniture shops offline.
- Education: schools, nurseries, kindergartens, and universities.
- Residential services: real estate, air conditioning, construction materials, home maintenance, furniture, and decor.
- Public services: banks, electronics, office supplies, event management, cleaning, advertising, and shipping.
- “Family services”, including beauty salons and garments shops for women and men.
Process of applying for an Esaad Card
You should apply online if you are a Golden Visa holder or belong to another category eligible for an Esaad Card. The approval will be sent to your e-mail address after you provide your personal details, including an Emirates ID.
How to apply for an Esaad Card as an individual:
- Go to the official ESAAD application form for individual holders.
- State your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, country, address, and Emirates ID. Set up your password.
- Click “Submit”.
How to apply for using Esaad Program as a business entity:
- Go to the official ESAAD application form for companies.
- State the company name, description, category, and address. Add the owner’s name, e-mail address, and mobile number, and set up a password. Select “Do you have branches?” if applicable, and fill out the additional forms for the company’s branches. The form must be filled in two languages: English and Arabic.
- Upload files in either PDF, JPG, JPEG, or PNG format — the scans of the company’s licence and logo, as well as the owner’s passport and Emirates ID.
- Click “Submit”.
When your company joins the program, it is expected that your Esaad clients will receive privileges for at least a year, with a minimum discount of 30%.
By the end of every December within your contracting period, your company will need to provide statistics on the number of Esaad Cards’ beneficiaries and the total value of the discounts.
How can an investor get a Golden Visa in the UAE?
UAE Golden Visas are long-term residence visas that are granted to highly qualified professionals, entrepreneurs, scientists, exceptional talents and investors.
A foreigner can invest in real estate in the UAE and then apply for a 10-year Golden Visa.
Requirements for property investment under the UAE Golden Visa program:
- the minimum investment amount is AED 2 million (≈ $545,000);
- objects must be located in Freehold zones;
- if an investor takes a mortgage in a UAE bank, the minimum down payment should be 50%.
Golden Visa holders can move to the UAE, one of the world’s wealthiest and most developed countries. It is their right, not an obligation: they must not live in the country permanently to maintain their status.
Investors can optimise taxes. There are no taxes on income, capital gains, inheritance, real estate and gifts for individuals in the UAE.
Additionally, one can open local bank accounts and access UAE healthcare and education with a residence visa.
Examples of investment properties in the UAE
Summary: advantages of Esaad membership for UAE Golden Visa holders
- Investors with Golden Visas in the UAE are now eligible for an Esaad Privilege Card. It is a free-of-charge, government-supported program that offers its members 30—70% discounts on goods and services of various brands.
- There are over 8,000 deals currently listed on the official Esaad site. While the Esaad Program is established in Dubai, it is also available in over 90 countries.
- UAE government employees, retirees, the disabled, the elderly, and now the Golden Visa holders may get Esaad Cards.
- Business owners in Dubai can implement the Esaad Program to attract clients. Each brand that offers Esaad deals is advertised on the program’s website and in the official mobile apps.
- You can register via the official site if you are eligible for the Esaad Program. There are different forms for individuals and companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Esaad is Dubai’s discount program, uniting over 4,000 companies in 92 countries. The Dubai Police issue the Esaad Cards.
Holders get exclusive offers, bonuses and discounts of 30—70%. The official site of the program lists government agencies, service companies, shops, online stores, medical clinics, language schools, travel companies, and other sectors that currently have Esaad deals. There are more than 8,000 deals right now.
The Esaad Program is aimed to improve the quality of life of UAE citizens and make Dubai an even more attractive city for relocation, work, study and investment.
Dubai gives Esaad Privilege Cards to selected categories of UAE citizens:
- Government employees.
- Retirees from government and private sector jobs.
- The disabled.
- The elderly.
UAE Golden Visa holders are also eligible for the cards.
Members of the Esaad Program can:
- savе 30—70% on personal expenses, from restaurants and tourist accommodations to healthcare and e-commerce;
- use their Esaad Card in more than 90 countries worldwide.
Business owners can implement the Esaad Program into their companies and attract clients with deals and special offers.
Yes. Starting July 2022, UAE Golden Visa holders can get Esaad Cards.
If you’re a Golden Visa holder, you can apply for an Esaad Card via the official ESAAD application form for individual holders. State your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, country, address, and Emirates ID.