The program is for those who want to have visa-free access to 121 countries of the world, including Schengen countries, as well as to optimize taxation
Basic conditions for obtaining a passport of Moldova
Investment options for obtaining Moldovan citizenship
One-time donation to the State Investment Fund of Moldova. This is a state fund that will direct the funds received for the development of infrastructure, healthcare, education, and will also contribute to the tourism and cultural sphere of Moldova.
|Non-refundable donation||€100,000||€115,000||€145,000 for the main applicant and up to 3 dependents||€155,000 for the main applicant and more than 3 dependents|
|Administrative fee||€35,000||€35,000||€35,000 for the main applicant and up to 3 dependents||€35,000 for the main applicant and more than 3 dependents|
|Due Diligence||€6,000||€6,000 for the main applicant, plus €5,000 for the spouse||€11,000 for both spouses, plus €5,000 for a dependent over 16 years||€11,000 for both spouses, plus € 5,000 for a dependent over 16 years old, including parents|
|State fees||€5,000||€5,000 for the main applicant, plus € 2,500for the spouse||€7,500 for both spouses, plus €1,000 for a dependent under 15 years old and €2,500 from 15 to 29 years||€ 7,500 for both spouses, plus €1,000 for a dependent under 15 years old and € 2,500 from 15 to 29 years old, including parents|
|Issue of biometric passports||€300||€600||€300 per applicant||€300 per applicant|
The procedure for obtaining citizenship of Moldova
Benefits of Moldovan citizenship
Strategically located, with easy access to Europe, the Middle East and Asia, the Republic of Moldova is a modern European country with a picturesque, diverse landscape and world-renowned wine industry. The country has already led a number of global technological advances and aims to use foreign direct investment brought by the MCBI program to ensure its progress in all sectors.
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has a very clear task: to ensure the sustainable development of the country.
The Government understands that in order to achieve this important goal it needs to use the most modern methods of development, especially when it comes to innovation, new technologies and investments. Therefore, Moldova is undergoing a comprehensive process of modernization and reform, which will enable it to realize its economic potential.
In this framework, Moldova offers foreign companies and individuals an attractive climate for doing business, as well as many facilities and a number of profitable government programs. In terms of investment, one of the largest and most exciting opportunities available in the country is undoubtedly the MCBI program.
The MCBI program provides successful applicants with many benefits, which include increased mobility at the global level, enhanced business opportunities and greater freedom of lifestyle.
The Republic of Moldova has a stable economy and its passport offers a broad freedom of travel. The country has established itself as a world leader in technological innovation.
Regional integration efforts
In order to benefit from its strategic geographic location, over the past few years the Government of the Republic of Moldova has intensified its efforts for regional integration, promoting open economic policies. As a result, its legal basis was strengthened and several favorable laws were adopted regulating foreign trade, competition, industrial property rights, etc.
Among the most important achievements of the government in the field of economic discovery:
- Association Agreement of the European Union and Moldova
- Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement
- Free Trade Agreement with Turkey
- Membership in the Community of Independent States
- World Trade Organization Membership
- Membership in the Central European Free Trade Agreement
- Free Trade Agreements with the People’s Republic of China (in progress)
Taxation in Moldova
Moldova has one of the most competitive tax systems in the region and has 48 tax treaties in force that protect against double taxation with other jurisdictions.
Moldovans who do not carry out business activities must pay tax on income from sources located within the country, as well as from sources located outside the country.
Moldovans are also subject to taxes on real estate and property. Property tax is levied on the taxpayer's wealth in the form of residential real estate, including cottages (with the exception of land plots), if a) the total estimated value is 1.5 million Euro or more, and b) the total area is 120 m2 and more. The property tax rate is 0.8% of the taxable base.
The standard VAT rate is 20% and the reduced rate is 8%. The recent financial reform has established a unique tax rate on income of individuals and legal entities, set at 12%.
Business in Moldova
Moldova occupies a leading position in the ranking of the international business climate.
- Doing Business 2018: Ranked 44th out of 190 countries
- Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018: 89th place out of 137 countries (growth by 11 positions year on year, which makes Moldova “the most improved Eurasian economy started from a low base”)
- Global trends by geography 2017: ranked 6th in the world and named the country with the highest priority in terms of jobs per million inhabitants (exceeding Ireland, UAE, Hungary, Czech Republic and others)
- Editors of the Global Location Trends index called Moldova "the newest emerging investment direction."
Free economic zones offering:
- 50% reduction in national corporate income tax
- Issuance of three (five) summer income taxes when investing 1 (5) million US dollars
- Exemption from VAT and excise taxes
- Ten-year state guarantee for changes in legislation
Industrial parks offering:
- Permission to change the designated use of agricultural land, for free
- The right to privatize state land for construction, at a standard price
- Free distribution of public property assets to create parks, at the discretion of the owner
- Up to 70% reduction of annual fees associated with the lease of land or premises
Information technology parks offering:
- 7% unique tax on sales income accrued by residents