Sometimes people who want to spend time in a particular European country are sure that to do this, they need to apply for a residence permit or citizenship in this particular country. The story of Ruslan and his family confirms that it is not necessary to use the most obvious solution to achieve the goals.
- The client: Ruslan (39 years old), successful businessman in the IT field
- His spouse: Azima (33 years old)
- Their children: Gulnara (5 years), Aydar (2 years)
Goals and objectivesThus, the client came to us with clear goals and objectives:
- Permanent residence permit in the EU;
- Permanent residence permit in the EU; Emergency option (the ability to move to Europe at any time);
- Education of children in an international English school with the possibility to enter leading universities in the UK in the future;
- Retaining of the passport of Kazakhstan at this stage;
A non-obvious solutionAfter studying all the demands of the client, we offered him an option to participate in Malta permanent residence program. This program gives you the opportunity to obtain a permanent residence permit, without staying in the country a single day a year. Thus, the task with a summer vacation in Spain was solved, as the family could easily move without visas through the Schengen zone. An important and decisive factor was the terms of the program, under which Ruslan could purchase Malta bonds in the amount of two times less (250,000 euros) than the minimum investment threshold of the program of Spain (500,000 euros in real estate). This tool was more familiar and comfortable for the client, while he could easily sell them and return the investment in 5 years. In addition, these securities bring in more income than European deposits, which, in principle, is a good option to preserve the savings. There are no obligations for the purchase of real estate in this program, and the rent was quite suitable for the client. One of the decisive factors was also the availability of international English schools, which gave children the opportunity to enter UK universities on preferential terms after finishing this school.
CooperationSince Ruslan put the future of his children at the forefront of his interests, this fact played an important role in the decision making. The choice was made and we began preparations. The big advantage for the client was the fact that we have an office with a Russian-speaking lawyer in Malta. Ruslan decided that he would collect a package of necessary documents in Kazakhstan and go with them to Malta to speed up the process and make it more comfortable for himself. Our lawyer accompanied our client at each stage of the process, explaining in details what, where and when he should do, so there were no difficulties in the whole process. Let us recall that under the terms of the program the investor should:
- purchase state-owned Malta * bonds worth 250 thousand euro for 5 years
- rent property in Malta for 10-12 thousand euros per year or buy housing for 270-320 thousand euros
- pay a one-time administrative fee of 30 thousand euros
- get medical insurance
- confirm the availability of 500 thousand euros of capital, or 100 thousand euros of annual income.