We have already mentioned multiple times that the Caribbean state of Saint Kitts and Nevis simplified the procedure and terms for granting the citizenship for investment. And now it is the best time to obtain the second passport. We are often asked about how to use Caribbean citizenship. We will show it through a story from our experience about 2 years ago.
- Ivan, 68. A wealthy pensioner. Back in the day, he owned a network of pharmacies in Russia. Nowadays, it is run by his son, while he lives on dividends from this business
- Natalia, his wife
ProblemIvan made up his mind about a place of permanent residence long ago. He and his wife are completely satisfied with living in Cyprus, since they are comfortable with the local climate. They are in love with this country and they don’t plan moving anywhere from there. The spouses have their residence permit in Cyprus – this status allows them to reside in the country all year round. Both spouses like travelling, but the status imposes serious restrictions on their trips. Since Cyprus is not a part of the Schengen area, Ivan had to receive visas each time they were going to travel to Europe. And each time the procedure was held with some kind of troubles. The cup of their patience was overflowed, when Ivan was issued a visa to Austria only for the duration of his trip – for 9 days. Meanwhile, he planned to come to this country again on business two or three weeks after the trip. Thus, he had to obtain the same visa twice within a month.
Goals and ObjectivesIvan set himself the goal of obtaining the second citizenship for traveling around the world without visas. At first, he tried to solve this problem on his own – through obtaining citizenship of Cyprus. However, it turned out that he cannot fall under its program for investors, since his property had been acquired much earlier than the program was launched. Additional investment in the amount of €2.5 million was outside Ivan’s plans. Therefore, he continued to search for a solution and at this stage he turned to our company.
Finding SolutionWe studied Ivan’s situation and realized that programs of Caribbean countries match his criteria. We reviewed each of them together with the client, and Ivan chose a program of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- It exists longer than other Caribbean programs – since 1984;
- Saint Kitts and Nevis is a jurisdiction well-regarded all over the world;
- Holding Saint Kitts passports, our clients will be able to travel without visas to 124 countries, including the UK and the Schengen area;
- Ivan will not face difficulties if his interaction with local government agencies is required in the future.
Obtaining Citizenship of Saint KittsUnder the terms of the program, investors were required to pass a Due Diligence check. Ivan was ready to pass it, since his business was absolutely legal. He never had any problems with law. It was easy for us to help him collect a required package of documents for the submission. In as little as 5 months, Ivan and his wife became holders of their second passports.
- Now the couple doesn’t need to bother about the Schengen/UK visas;
- They can relax at the resorts of almost any country in the world;
- Ivan’s son also considers obtaining the Caribbean citizenship in order to derive benefit from the preferential taxation system.