The search for a way to handle their tasks has led our clients our clients to a decision to settle down in Malta. It was there where they gave birth to their first child and got the opportunity to develop their business, while enjoying pure air and a high standard of living. How did they make it? Read about this in our today’s case.
Our ClientsA young married couple from Ufa – Ivan, 33, and Maria, 30. Ivan and Maria jointly develop a family business in a quite specific field – production of lighting equipment for the metallurgical industry. Nevertheless, their business is already well-established and brings a regular income. They both are rather ambitious, and when they reached out to us, they put the specialists of our company to a number of goals and tasks.
Goals and ObjectivesHaving their business well-established, the family makes plans for the future and has already decided on the priorities:
- Accommodation in an area with pure air and favorable environmental situation
- Availability of quality higher education for future children
- High level of health care
- Visa-free travelling around the world
- Tax optimization and business promotion opportunities
Finding SolutionWe informed our clients about the available investment programs, which could solve their problems, in Europe and the Caribbean.
Citizenship in the CaribbeanFirst, we offered Ivan and Maria several programs for Caribbean citizenship:
- Citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Citizenship of Dominica
- Citizenship of Saint Lucia
- Citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda
- Citizenship of Grenada.
Citizenship in EuropeThe clients decided to focus on European immigration programs for wealthy people. The widest opportunities are available in Malta and Cyprus citizenship programs. They would completely meet Ivan and Maria’s challenges, but our clients were not in comfort with an amount of investment required to obtain these passports.
- For Cyprus, it amounts to at least €2 million of investment in residential real estate. The advantage lies in the fact that this investment is refundable – the property can be eventually sold.
- For Malta, this is a combination of investments in the national development fund, securities and real estate. The total amount starts from €800 thousand, and €650 thousand of them are non-refundable.
CooperationUpon rejecting the above options, we realized what our clients really need, and offered them a program of permanent residence in Malta. It allows obtaining an official status in just 3 months, and the status is granted for life. The permanent residence gives virtually the same rights as citizenship of Malta. To obtain permanent residence in Malta, it is required:
- to invest €250 thousand in government bonds for 5 years
- to pay a one-time administrative fee of €30 thousand
- to buy real estate in Malta in the amount of €350 thousand (it can be sold in 5 years, as well as the securities) or to rent residential property for an amount of €10-12 thousand per year
- to prove an annual income in the amount of €100 thousand or to show the availability of an amount of at least €500 thousand on a bank account.
Advantages for our customers
- Eco-friendly region
- Availability of top European universities
- High level of health care
- Entry in and exit from the country without restrictions
- Visa-free travelling throughout the Schengen area
- Low tax rates for business and benefits