How to travel or move to the USA

Trips to the USA generally require a US tourist visa. Having a second passport makes it easier and faster to get a visa, and it will be valid for longer. See how investors can quickly get to the States and when they can do it without visas.

Caribbean and Vanuatu citizenship

  • Investments: Investments: $100,000+

  • Obtaining period: 2+ months

US tourist visas with Caribbean passports. Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Dominica, St Kitts and Nevis, and St Lucia get B‑1/B‑2 visitor visas valid for up to 10 years. They can spend up to 180 days a year in the States.

The US Embassy in Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados, and other US embassies and consulates accept visa applications.

US tourist visas with a Vanuatu passport. Citizens of Vanuatu get 5-year B‑1/B‑2 visitor visas. You can make an appointment for an interview at the US Embassy in Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea, or another US embassy or consulate.

Material prepared by an expert

Frequently asked questions

  • Is a US tourist visa B1 or B2?

    B‑2 is a tourist visa in the US. It allows you to travel for a short-period of time in the country.

    B‑1 is a business visa that gives an opportunity to do business activities such as holding meetings, negotiating contracts, participating in conferences and contests, etc.

  • How long is a US tourist visa valid for?

    It depends on such factors as your citizenship and the duration of your trip. For example, Vanuatu citizens get B‑1/B‑2 visas to the US for 5 years, citizens of Dominica and Grenada can obtain one for 10 years.

  • How can I get a US tourist visa?

    Rules for applying for a US tourist visa may vary depending on your citizenship and the US consulate where you apply. Usually the process consists of the following steps:

    • completing online the nonimmigrant visa application form DS‑160;

    • paying an application fee;

    • schedule an interview;

    • come to the embassy on the chosen date. You must bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS‑160 confirmation page, one photo taken within the last six months and your current and all old passports.

    It is also a good idea to bring supporting documents:

    • proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership;

    • proof of your travel plans such as booking at the hotel, plane tickets, etc;

    • letter from your employer with information on your position, salary, period for which you’re working for the company.

Taxes and cost of living