Why investors get Grenada citizenship by investment
Moving and doing business in the USA. Grenada is one of 17 countries that has entered into a mutual investment agreement with the United States. Under the terms of the agreement, citizens of Grenada are eligible to obtain a US E-2 business visa. This is an investment visa that is issued to entrepreneurs and is extended as long as business in the United States develops.
The law does not specify how much to invest in a business in the USA. In our experience, $200,000 to $300,000 is sufficient. However, there is no hard minimum threshold.
The investor may open a new company or international business unit. You can buy an existing business. The main thing is that the company develops, and this is reflected in its financial performance. The positive dynamics in reporting is the basis for the extension of the E-2 visa.
Together with the investor, his spouse and children under 21 years of age can obtain a US visa. An investor can only work in his own company. The spouse can obtain a special permit and work as she chooses. The investor's children can study at schools, enter universities on a general basis.
The investment agreement does not allow citizens of certain countries who receive an E-2 visa to leave the United States frequently. But citizens of Grenada can leave and enter the United States without restrictions. This means that they retain the possibility of free movement. They can travel and establish business contacts around the world, visit relatives and friends at home.
Entering China without a visa. Another advantage of Grenadian citizenship is visa-free entry to China. With a Grenada passport, you can stay in China without a visa for 30 days a year. This is enough to maintain business contacts, attend conferences or simply travel around your favorite region.
Otherwise, the citizenship of Grenada provides the same benefits as the citizenship of other Caribbean countries:
- Visa-free entry to more than 140 countries, including the Schengen countries, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong.
- The possibility of obtaining a tourist visa to the United States for 10 years. You will not be able to live in the United States on this visa.
- Access to international banking services.
- Opportunity to optimize taxation.
- Get benefits at universities in the UK, because Grenada is part of the Commonwealth of Nations as a former English colony.
We talk about Grenada and how to get its citizenship by investment.
Grenada is a paradise for tourists
Grenada is an ideal holiday destination, located on the border of the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It is always sunny in Grenada, and the average monthly temperature is a comfortable, around +25 to +28°C.
The Grenada island has everything that attracts tourists: deserted clean beaches, quiet bays with moorings for yachts, picturesque mountains with waterfalls, tropical forests and pristine lakes. The resorts here are located in two main areas stretched along the coast: Grand Anse, Mo e Rouge and Grand Anse Beach.
The country's economy is based on services in the field of tourism and finance. Also there are a number of large food and agricultural enterprises working for export in Grenada. It is not for nothing that Grenada is called the island of spices and chocolate.
The Grenada citizenship by investment program has been operating since 1997. In 2013 it was updated. Wealthy people who are ready to invest in the country’s economy can participate in the program.
The program offers two investment options to choose from:
- $150,000 as a non-refundable contribution to the National Transformation Fund (NTF).
- Real estate investments from $220,000 and an investment return period of 5 years.
Applicant passes Due Diligence and makes an investment. After that, he receives citizenship and a passport of the country.
Together with the investor, members of his family can participate in the program such as a spouse, children under 30 years old, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters over 18 years old. Children, parents and grandparents should be financially dependent. Brothers and sisters must not be married or have children.
Registration of citizenship takes 3-6 months.
Comparison of Grenada citizenship investment options
The option of a non-refundable contribution is chosen by more than half of investors, an easy way to obtain Grenada citizenship.
Investing in real estate requires spending one and a half times more than a contribution to the state fund. At the same time, the option has two advantages:
- The ability to return the investment after 5 years. The investment in the state fund is irrevocable.
- The amount of investment does not depend on the composition of the investor's family. On the other hand, the real estate option requires an additional government fee of $50,000.
Expenses for both options depending on the composition of the family.
Costs of participating in the Grenada citizenship by investment program
|Family composition||Real estate investments||Non-refundable contribution|
+ government fee of $50,000
|Family of 2 to 4||$220,000|
+ government fee of $50,000
|Family of 5 or more||$220,000|
+ government fee of $50,000 for 2 people
+ government fee for each person starting from the third:
• $25,000 for child or parent, grandparent over 55
• $50,000 for parent under 55
• $75,000 for a sibling
You can invest in real estate projects approved by the government of the country for participation in the citizenship program. These are five-star hotel complexes.
The investor can purchase a share in the project, an apartment or a villa. Buying a share is the least expensive option, $220,000. The apartments will cost $400,000 to $600,000 and a villa, from $2 million.
Examples of properties in Grenada
If an investor acquires a share in a hotel, he receives half of the rental income. The other half is accounted for by the hotel management company.
Rental yield in the Caribbean is 3-5% per annum. In addition, many developers provide equity investors with free hotel stays 1-2 weeks a year.
Rental income and the possibility of staying in a hotel appear when the complex is put into operation.
If an investor purchases an apartment or a villa, he can also rent it out. It is easier to do this through the management company that maintains the house.
The option of investing in real estate is chosen by entrepreneurs who are well versed in the real estate market. We provide full information about projects and developers, risks, so that program participants can make an informed choice. This approach allows you to ensure the maximum return on investment under the citizenship program.
Alexander is the owner of a construction holding and an IT company. He plans to transfer the IT business to the USA in the next 2-3 years and develop it in order to subsequently leave the company to his son. In order to obtain a US E-2 visa, Alexander obtained Grenada citizenship for himself, his wife and son through real estate investments. The real estate option meant more expenses for his family. But Alexander has extensive experience in the construction business, and he expects to return the invested funds in 5 years.
Benefits of Grenadian citizenship and investment program
The investment program is convenient because it does not require a stay in the country, neither when applying for citizenship, nor after obtaining a passport. All documents for participation in the program are collected remotely with our help. The investor receives a passport at a convenient address: the documents are sent by delivery service.
Grenada citizenship gives investors a range of opportunities:
- Visa-free travel to more than 140 countries, including the Schengen countries, the UK, China, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Opportunity to obtain an E-2 visa to live with the whole family and do business in the United States. The investor's children will be able to get an education in the best educational institutions of the country.
- Opportunity to obtain a visa to the United States for 10 years for multiple visits to the country.
- Access to international banking services. For example, with a Grenada passport it is much easier to open an account in an EU bank. Such an account helps to keep savings, speeds up foreign exchange settlements with partners.
- Benefits in UK universities.
- Possibility of tax optimization. There are no taxes on capital gains, foreign income, property, gift, inheritance.
- The ability to quickly travel to another country in case of force majeure.
Immigrant Invest investment program experts are ready to talk about all the nuances of obtaining citizenship of Grenada at an individual consultation at the office or online.